Jennifer Kirk Photography
Photobucket
Thursday, April 02, 2009
2009 Weekend to End Breast Cancer


I'm registered to walk for the 3rd time in this amazing event, this year taking place in August. I've raised $4700 and walked 120km's for breast cancer and I hope to add another $2500 to the total and make the 60km trek blister-free as I did last year!
If you'd like to help me reach my goal you can donate here. It only takes a minute and I have to reach $2000 to participate!

I'm walking for my Aunt and my friend, both are survivors of this horrible disease. The proceeds from the donations go to work right away and BC is making leaps and bounds as a direct result of this event.

I won't lie, walking 60km's is not easy. It requires a fair bit of training and a whole lot of luck to avoid the blisters... and I've seen some nasty ones. Imagine walking from UBC's Thunderbird Stadium all the way to the Killarney neighbourhood, and back. And not in a straight line. That's exactly what we'll do over two days in August.

Anyhow... I'm thrilled to be a part of this event once again. Feel free to come cheer me on or help carry me to the car when I cross the finish line! :)
posted by Jennifer Kirk Photography @ Thursday, April 02, 2009  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Kirk Photography
Home: Vancouver/Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Facebook Twitter
Recent Posts
Archives
Links